Benefit for Winemaker Katy Lovell: Battle to Beat Cancer
Saturday, June 15, Noon–5 p.m.
5000 N Rodeo Gulch Dr., Soquel 95073
Just off Hwy17–Take the Vine Hill exit before Scotts Valley
Tasting Fee: $10
Come out to Poetic Cellars on Saturday, June 15 from noon to 5 p.m. and celebrate life well lived while supporting all those battling cancer. Enjoy live music, food, vendors, art and wine – all the finest things in life we are so privileged to share. The afternoon will feature vocalist Asher Stern, Friend in Cheeses jams and chutneys, B&R Farms apricot goodies, Elizabeth Moon’s art jewelry and Summit Store’s world’s best sandwiches.
Show your support for all those battling cancer and give Katy Lovell, Poetic Cellars owner and Winemaker, a chance to make it to another harvest. Lovell is not only one of the only two women winemakers in the Santa Cruz Mountains, but also a single mother of three.
Limited Production Santa Cruz Mountains Wines Being Poured
• 2011 Masquerade: a sassy blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Viognier
• 2009 Mourvedre: a smoky, racy, red-fruited goddess of the vine
• 2008 “Ballad”: music in a bottle, with Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc singing together in pure harmony. This is a classic Bordeaux blend – lean and lithe.
• 2007 Reserve Syrah: velvety, smoky, sexy and packed with meaty goodness
• 2006 Petite Sirah: a pure baked berry pie with chocolate and coffee notes; rich and satisfying.
For more information visit: www.summittoseawinetrail.com/event/beat-cancer-to-the-punchdown