Wine Purses, Wines of Canada, Italy, & Napa Valley (RADIO)
Here’s what Monique Soltani covered on this week’s wine radio show, Wine Oh TV on Radioslot.com. We take a tour of Tuscany and uncover the wines of Chianti Classico. Then we try a new summertime wine from a family who’s been making wine in the Napa Valley for over 30 years. After that, it’s time to bag the box wine, Literally! We have found the perfect purse even the man in your life won’t might dragging around. Move over box wine wine, we are popping the top on wine purses! Then we head for the border and find out when it comes to wine tasting B.C is the place to be!
On every radio show we like to taste at least one wine. Here’s the wine we tasted this week: Isabel Mondavi Pinot Noir 2009 $34.99: Lovely balanced flavors of earth, violets and soft cherry.
[wpaudio url=”http://wineoh.tv/wp-content/uploads/Wine-Oh-TV-S13-EP0626.mp3″ text=”Listen Here: Wine Oh TV Live Radio Show, June 26, 2013″ dl=”0″]
Taste of Tuscany
Wine writer, Ron Holden (www.cornichon.org) has been covering Italian wines for over a decade and gives us his expert insight on why the wines of Italy and Chianti Classico are the best bang for your buck.
Holden’s been writing about the wines of the Pacific Northwest since 1980, leading wine tours to France since 1986 and traveling to Italy regularly since 2000. (Puglia, Sicily, Lazio, Piedmont, Tuscany, Emilia-Romagna, Umbria, Veneto, Friuli-Venezia-Giulia.)
Won the Collio Prize for writing about Italian wine in 2011.
Is it red wine, white wine or rose? If you are tasting Tess it’s hard to tell! A new wine out from a leading family winery in the Napa Valley is perfect poolside or for a picnic. The winemaker from Peju Winery, gives us the scoop on their new wine from Tess Winery and a few family favorites!
- Family owned and operated winery of 30 years located in the heart of the Napa Valley in Rutherford
- Farm organically and sustainably; certified organic in Rutherford vineyard: 1 of 22 wineries in Napa Valley to be certified a Green Business and Green Winery
- A generational transition is underway with Ariana Peju taking over day to day operations of the winery and Lisa Peju acting as a brand ambassador for the winery traveling near and far
- 2012 Sauvignon Blanc
- 2012 Rose
- 2012 Chardonnay
- 2009 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2009 Reserve Cabernet Franc
Viama Wine Purses
Is it a purse or a Pinot Grigio? We’ve got the goods on the latest wine that matches any outfit or entree.
- Fully sustainable/Recyclable
- Stays Fresh for 5 weeks
- Cantina di Soave is one of the most prominent wineries in Italy
- 3 time Rising Star Award Winner
- Merlot-Pinot Noir Best Buy and Best of the Year from Wine Enthusiast Magazine
- Red – Merlot/Pinot Noir
- Beige – Gaganega/Pinot Grigio
- Pink – Rose’
- Black – Rosso – sweeter Red Blend
- Blue – Bianco – sweeter White Blend
- Wine in a purse, $15, viamawines.com
Wines of British Columbia
Canada might be most well known for its ice wines but this north of the border wine region is really heating up. Jame Melendez a.k.a Jame the Wine Guy helps us uncover the Canadian wine region.
- BC Wines: www.bcwine.com
- Wine Country Ontario: winecountryontario.ca
- Tinhorn Creek: www.tinhorn.com
- Inniskillin: www.inniskillin.com/Okanagan
- Cedar Creek Estate: www.cedarcreek.bc.ca
- Tantalus: www.tantalus.ca
- Haywire: www.haywirewinery.com
- Maverick Estate: www.maverickwine.ca/scms.asp
- Seven Directions: www.sevendirectionswine.ca
- See You Later Ranch: www.sylranch.com
- Road 13: www.road13vineyards.com